All-Russian Public Opinion Research Center (VTsIOM) toldthat almost half of Russians (48%) cannot imagine their life without the Internet.
The telephone survey was conducted on April 18 this year. It was attended by 1.6 thousand Russians aged 18 and over. The respondents were asked to imagine a hypothetical situation of the complete disappearance of the Internet and to rate their reaction. 48% Russians admitted that this will be a serious test for them, 24% - that nothing will change in their lives, and 27% noted that the absence of the Internet will have little effect on their lives. About 37% respondents decided that they could adapt to this circumstance. Only 11% stated that their daily life is impossible without access to the network.
According to VTsIOM, 84% Russians use the Internet in one way or another. 69% of them go online every day, 13% - several times a week or month, 2% - even less often. Among people between the ages of 18 and 24, the proportion of active Internet users is 99%.
- Found a way to teach children to eat healthy but tasteless food
- "The energy in you will run out earlier than in the iPhone XR»
- Figure of the day: How much is being asked for a rare Apple 1 computer?
- BIOS setup breaks Lenovo ThinkPad laptops
- Extreme overclocking with ASUS Maximus XI Apex board
- Proven: "the clock is ticking" in men as well
- Russia will help Japan deal with the consequences of the Fukushima disaster